ORTUS UK LTD PRIVACY STATEMENT
At Ortus UK Ltd we understand your personal information is important and we are committed to protecting and respecting this personal information.
We understand this is especially important when conducting business together in the past, present and future. We are ensuring that we are complying with applicable guidelines of the Data Protection Legislation now in place.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect, or that you provide to us will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation the data controller is Ortus UK Ltd, Suite 2, Garrett House, Garrett Field, Birchwood, Cheshire, WA3 7BP.
Information we may collect from you and how we may collect it.
Information you provide us when completing supplier or customer application forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to any of our services or subscribing to our email newsletters. Also including information you may provide us with verbally over the telephone or by email when raising a quotation or a purchase order.
The information we may collect and retain from you is as follows: names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and basic details about your company. We may share this information with organisations such as banks, credit insurance and logistics companies.
We may also collect technical information including your IP address, your log in information and browser type.
How we use the information collected from you.
We may use the information you provide us in various different ways:
- To process purchase orders you have placed with us
- To provide you with quotations of products you have requested pricing on.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts that you and us have entered into regarding information, products and services you have requested from us.
- Notify you about any changes to our service.
- Send you communications that may be of interest to you on a purely business level. These may include order confirmations, quotations, shipment notifications and other business-related updates, including promotional mail shots.
- To provide details to our bank and credit insurers when commencing business together.
This information is stored on our secure servers in mainland UK.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information.
Ortus UK Ltd requires access to your personal information in order to transact quotations and purchase orders, information such as name, email address, delivery address, telephone number.
We may share your information with banks and credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may also share your information with Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- We will not sell your information to third parties
- We will not share your information with third parties for the purpose of marketing.
Your rights under GDPR
Individuals (you) have the right to request personal data to be erased to prevent further processing under certain circumstances.
You have the right to request erasure if:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose of business.
- The individual (you) withdraws their consent.
- The individual (you) objects the processing of their data.
You have the right to request access to your personal data and the right to rectify any of your personal data stored at Ortus UK Ltd.
All personal data held within Ortus UK Ltd will remain confidential. Our staff have all been made fully aware of the implications of the GDPR Legislation and will adhere to the guidelines it sets out.